Followers

 Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ornament HD and the SBQ:

I've been stitching along on my models quite dilligently if I do say so myself. Getting a good amount accomplished, but always wish I was getting more done!

I did manage to squeeze in some time to finish up one ornament that was my travelling project for the last wee bit. I was waiting whilst our van was being undercoated for rust protection so naturally out came my travelling project. It's from the 2004 JCS ornament issue - Paw Printings "Penguin Hugs". I substituted different snowflakes than what was called for as I had these in my stash already and I thought they worked just fine! The linen is from Sugar Maple Fabrics - a 28 ct. Jubilee called Forget me knots. It's a fair bit pinker than the called for linen, but I liked how all the colours looked on it so, there you go:


And no, your eyes aren't deceiving you - it's crooked in the picture. I'm a stitcher, not a photographer!

And for this weeks SBQ (suggested by Danielle):

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there anycompanies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?

The permalink to this post is: http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/01/favorite-fabric/

I don't really have a favorite - I love any hand-dyed fabric, pretty much. I have ordered a variety from Silkweaver and love the look and feel of them. I have purchased a bunch of the Sugar Maple fabrics as well (see above HD) and just enjoy looking at them. I like to buy the Sugar Maple fabrics since it is a Canadian company and I'm all for supporting Canadian companies!

Back to work!

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer 1:59 PM  

You're wee ornament is just too cute!
:)
I've never tried Silkweaver, but I go to their site a lot and drool!

Carla 7:13 PM  

your ornie is adorable...love the fabric you used for it :)

Anonymous,  7:54 PM  

Your ornament is very cute. Congrats on the finish. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'll be back to visit yours.

Meari 10:35 PM  

What a cute ornament!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP