Followers

 Tuesday, January 16, 2007

First Flat-Fold Finish!

As I've been wandering the net (the new high speed access is *so* nice) I came across directions for flat-folds some time ago. I was intrigued by the idea - it seemed easy enough to do and I filed it in the 'if-there's-a-good-project-I'll-do-it' file. Today, for some odd reason, I had an "ah-ha!" moment and remembered a project has bugged me off and on for years (literally years!). I took a class with Charland Garvin at the Creative Sewing & Needlework Festival (as it was called then, it's now called the CreativFestival) waaaayyy back - probably 1999 or 2000??? I fell in love with the piece originally, stitched it immediately after the show --------- and put it away. It's a Hallowe'en piece and every Hallowe'en it bugs me yet again - "Do something with me! Please! I don't like being rolled up in a container! I wanna come out!" (noisy little bugger, wasn't it?) I managed to ignore it for such a long time! But today, it came out of storage and *this* is what I did with it:



It's called (appropriately) Boo.

Ain't it purty? :-) I'm just pleased as punch with how it turned out. It was a learning experience, of course. Nothing went *exactly* as planned, but nothing went so horribly wrong that I won't show it off! (Well, okay - I won't show the back, inside or side view, but hopefully folks will be so stunned with my needlework they won't notice! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Added bonus: I discovered I can *still* swear in at least 5 different languages! The glue gun and I had a somewhat acrimonious meeting. I'm sure my fingers will stop hurting soon, right?

I suppose it's time to get back to my model work. Those darned things just won't stitch themselves!

1 comments:

Meari 10:37 PM  

The flat-fold turned out nice, Erica. Glue guns can be tricky, can't they? ;) LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP