Followers

 Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby it's cold outside!

All I can say is brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It's gotten frightfully cold here - so cold in fact that the kids don't get to go outside for recess. With the windchill lowering temperatures to -30 C or lower I can't say I disagree with keeping them indoors. Frostbite is a legitimate concern! I do feel sorry for the teachers though - cooped up inside with all those kids - they'll be ready for the looney bin if this keeps up for too much longer!

I'm still plugging away on my models as always. But, I did manage to squeeze out another little ornament during my times of waiting - waiting to pick the boys up from school, waiting to pick them up from Beavers or Cubs, watching/waiting during skating lessons, etc.... I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time waiting, don't I??? :-)

Anyway, here's another little ornament that I've finished stitching - It's from Glory Bee entitled "Merry Christmas". It's from the 2003 JCS Ornament Issue. It will get made into an ornament at some point - but I really can't spare the time just now as those models need more attention!



I used all the recommended threads on this one as I had all of them in my stash (a bit of an odd occurrence for me as it was all GAST threads).... Although I did substitute the Porcelain called for in the pattern for the smyrna crosses with plain old DMC White. This was a *very* quick stitch. I can't remember what fabric it's on - I did some tidying of my fabrics and unearthed this from the bottom of the fabric pile. I thought it looked good with the fibres... *shrug*

And I think I've managed to get blogger to give me emoticons! Yay! ;-)

I'm off to try and defrost my toes.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  12:05 PM  

Very pretty ornament.

Meari 3:59 PM  

How'd you get the emoticons?! I want some!! Your finish turned out great... good job.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP