Followers

 Thursday, February 08, 2007

SBQ

Well, it's that time of the week again:

Today's SBQ was suggested by Danielle (
http://scopist.blogspot.com/)and is:

Have you ever been to a stitching retreat?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/02/stitching-retreats/

Well, I'm not sure if what I do could be called a retreat per se, but every October I do attend the
CreativFestival in Toronto. I've been a student at the show for a good 10 - 12 years now I think. I've taken classes from Charland Garvin, Shay Pendray, Jennifer Aikman-Smith (Dragon Dreams), Teresa Wentzler (TW Designworks) and many other fine instructors. It's a great show and luckily for me it's local. What's nice now is that I'm no longer the youngest person in the room. When I first started attending the festival, I was the only one in the room whose hair wasn't grey! It's nice to see more young people attending the show - now I'm the one with the grey-ing hair! :-)

There is also a CreativFestival in April, but I generally only attend for one day. There just isn't enough stuff there in the Spring to keep me entertained for more than one day. Still, I'll generally go and poke around and inevitably I can find something to buy! I'll be going this April in hopes of finding a new sewing machine.



I noticed when I logged onto Blogger today that it's going to force me to the new Blogger next time I log on. I am so NOT looking forward to 'upgrading'. Their idea of upgrading is no doubt going to cause me hours of work to fix all the stuff they'll break. *bleah*

1 comments:

Meari 3:58 PM  

Sounds like a fun time, Erica. Unfortunately, I don't have anything remotely resembling a retreat near me. :(

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP