Followers

 Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Surfacing at Last....

It's been a crazy week since my little one had his surgery and this is the first time I've really felt like blogging much. His surgery went quite well - only 2 hours (it was scheduled for 3) and we were able to come home that evening. He had 3 doses of morphine in the recovery room which was handy for pain control, but gave the poor kid a bad case of the barfs for the next 24 hrs. Morphine really doesn't agree with him, but it did help us to get him home with minimum pain - he actually slept the whole way! It's not a terribly long drive, but we left Sick Kids right at rush hour, so what should have taken half an hour took a little over an hour.

Today Bryce is pretty much back to normal, although he's still walking around as if there's a basketball between his knees! Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down and he'll be back to walking normally soon!

It's March Break here, so the boys are home from school. We've had a fun time so far playing some video games, building some things with K'Nex (we've just about finished a roller coaster) and generally hanging out. It's difficult to do too much as Bryce's mobility has been relatively limited.

Stitching-wise I haven't really been doing much. Bryce needed a fair bit of help for the first while so my time was quite consumed with that. Now I'm worn out and find myself napping in the middle of the day! Hopefully that'll stop soon as I've got models that really need some attention!

Off to bed, I think!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  7:56 AM  

I'm so glad that Bryce's surgery went well and that he's recovering so quickly.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP