Followers

 Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is here - I think...

Well, today it's supposed to warm up to a balmy 8C (46F for the non-metric folks)... At least it should get rid of the last of the snow. Wandering in my garden this morning revealed that my daffodils and many of my tulips are all poking their heads out of the ground. I hope it warms up instead of cooling down - I'm not sure what it'll do to the flowers if it gets cold again! I am so ready for some warm weather!

In my stitching world, not much is going on really - I've finally gotten back to work on my models now that Bryce is on the mend and back at school. Things are moving much more slowly than I'd like, but isn't that the way it always is when you're stitching??? :-)

I realized I've missed a couple of SBQ's - I guess I have a pretty good excuse! Here's the catch up:

SBQ - March 7, 2007:

Do you use your needle, a seam ripper, or something else when you have to frog stitches? Why do you use the method that you do?

I usually use a needle since it's right there and handy and all. And it's usually fitting punishment for that baaaadddd needle! :-) I have actually cut stitches out with my hardanger scissors a few times when I was just off by one stitch but would have needed to frog half the world to get to that one stitch. Then I usually need to locate my boo-boo stick (basically it looks like a mascara wand) to clean up the mess. My boo-boo stick has vanished recently (I'm hopeful the couch fairies who steal needles have it and will give it back! They recently returned my Clover cutter...)... Maybe I'll just have to buy another one!

SBQ - March 15, 2007

If you had $500 to spend on stitching-related items, what would you buy?

This is a tough one to answer as I'm not sure what I'd buy. There's just too much out there! I guess I'd end up buying all the speciality fibres I could manage (Crescent Colors, WDW, GAST, Dinky Dyes, etc.) and fabric and patterns..... Maybe a lap stand (I have a floor stand already) for when I'm taking classes.... Or maybe I'd just put the whole lot towards going to an American stitching festival as I've never been to one.

Then again, maybe the money should go towards hiring a cleaning lady so I wouldn't have to do it and then I could stitch more! ;-)

Off to work on the models again!

1 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer 12:41 PM  

Spring is here today too! It's 70 degrees and almost balmy :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP