Followers

 Thursday, November 16, 2006


Alas, no pictures again today as I'm still model stitching like a crazy person in between dentist appointments (me), counting pizza day money (kids school) and primary literacy helper (also at kids school). And groceries and toilet scrubbing need to happen somewhere in there too.

The weather has been nasty, evil, damp and wet today so I'm feeling highly unmotivated to do anything besides curl up in a warm corner.

Since I've decided to be a stitching blogger, I elected to do the SBQ thing since it'll at least get me posting *something* once a week... :-)

From http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/11/tis-the-season/

Here's this week's question:

Do you stitch Christmas ornaments? If so, how many do you stitch eachyear and for whom? If not, why not?

I do stitch ornaments but I couldn't say how many I do. Many are given away (see the post below.....) to friends and I've done some for family as well. It depends on what ornaments grab my attention and whether or not I have the materials at hand. I like to have ornaments around and kitted up as a portable project for myself - you just never know when you'll need something to stitch, right?

Here is a non-ornament Christmas-y picture though - Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's Celtic Christmas - we call her CC for short. I stitched this piece for my MIL some time ago now. It hangs proudly in her hallway. CC has one first prize in a couple of local fall fairs this past year. I miss having her in my house.... (and yes, I cut off some of her dress in the picture - sue me, I'm not a photographer!!!!!)

2 comments:

Renee 7:40 PM  

Your Celtic Christmas looks lovely! I am working on Celtic Spring right now.

Meari 1:26 PM  

I can see why your MIL likes it. It's beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP