Followers

 Friday, January 04, 2008

Which way did it go?

Meaning my blog..... I think it fell overboard once the holidays hit full force! I'm still here, really. We had a relatively busy holiday in between my physio appointments. Sometimes I feel like I live there - I'm there 3 times a week for 2 & 1/2 hours each time. I think I'm getting better - I can almost go down stairs like a normal person. It's hard to tell for sure how I'm doing because the kind of pain I'm having keeps changing both location and intensity. I saw my surgeon today and he seemed to think I was doing really well and with a bit of luck I should be able to be paroled from physio in another 3 - 4 weeks. Yay! Physio seems to kill my whole day somehow....

Anyhow - on to more pleasant topics! While taking some stitchy pictures, I discovered that my DH took some pictures of a recent snowfall we had and with the house all prettied up for Christmas too.... So, here's a picture of the front of the house and the view out my kitchen patio door (you can see my sons' treehouse in the backyard shot - they just built it this past summer!):
We've had a good amount of snow, but not nearly as much as some. Now it's warming up to the point where there's rain in the forecast tomorrow and it's supposed to go to about 9C (48F) next week. Usually our temps are around -12C (10F) with windchills in the -25C (-13F) range. I'll take a balmy (!) 9C anyday.

Look at that - I've fallen into the Canadian obsession - talking about the weather! :-)

Stitching! Stitching! Stitching!

I knew there was something I was supposed to talk about here! I took some pictures of my last 2 finishes of 2007. I made my first biscornu ever. I can't believe I was hesitating to make one of these darling little cushions. It was so easy and fast.

Biscornu de Noël by Aurelle (freebie)
Stitched on 32-count Silkweaver solo with GAST in cranberry

My last finish for 2007 was an ornament for Bryce's teacher. She loves blue, I had a mostly finished blue ornament, so, I finished it and attached it to the basket of goodies I gave her for Christmas (I'm showing it without the benefit of the basket!):

Sapphire Star from an old JCS ornie issue
Stitched on recommended fabric with recommended fibres

I made the cording and tassel myself as well. I kinda like how it turned out and Bryce's teacher seemed to like it too.

Next up I need to catch up on some SBQs *and* show off the SAL I'll be starting with a friend in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned................ :-)

3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer 8:37 AM  

Beautiful finishes Erica :) Love them both ;)
And you have a beautiful home and backyard as well :)

Karin 10:43 AM  

Gorgeous ornaments! Congrats.

Dani - tkdchick 8:13 PM  

Beautiful final finishes Erica! I love how the ornament turned out!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP