Followers

 Thursday, January 31, 2008

A little finish, a little gratitude and a little start....

Life has been incredibly busy these last two weeks. I've hardly had time to sit at the computer, let alone compose a coherent blog post. Between the physio for my knee (which will end early next week - yay!) and volunteer commitments (I'm overdoing it in that area), my days are extraordinarily full!

But, I have been stitching when I can. Most of my energy is focused on my model. It is just about finished now - just some backstitch and a bit of some nasty DMC gold left and then it'll be dropped in the mail. Dani beat me by a long shot, but that's okay. She has the pressure of having to finish 2 models while I'm just tottering along with one.

I did finish my January ornament though!

The Decorator by Full Circle Designs
From the 2007 JCS ornament issue

Stitched on 28 ct. Cashel in Silvery Moon with DMC

I'm happy with the finished product, but I should have chosen a darker linen. The white shows up (better IRL than in the photo), but it's not as obvious as I'd like. I may end up backstitching around the snowman with a grey tone at some point, or I may not.....

Now, on to gratitude. I have been reminded recently of a quote I really like:

' Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it ' -- William Arthur Ward

I realized that I haven't followed this quote lately. So, to everyone who reads my little blog and to everyone who has commented on my little blog- THANK YOU. It's nice to know I'm not alone here. :-)

I also need to express special gratitude to two very special people, who I won't mention by name, but who should know who you are, as I've expressed my gratitude in person (to one person) and by e-mail to the other. I'm still grateful in this public place too and glad you're part of my life. I'm lucky and blessed to know you both.

As for the little start...... A friend and I are getting together once a week to work on a project together. I am really enjoying this time, even though it is limited. Here's what we're working on:


This is the 20th Anniversary commemorative sampler created by Jeanette Douglas for the CreativFestival. I have been an attendee for over 10 of the 20 years and do, in fact, have the 10th Anniversary sampler in my UFO pile (must retrieve and finish that!). My friend and I decided we'd work on this one together and so far, we're enjoying it immensely. I'll share a progress pic when I can.

Off to another volunteer commitment!

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer 12:56 PM  

I love your snowman finish..he's darling! Good luck on finishing the model with the nasty DMC gold...abhor the stuff personally :)
Your a special lady Erica, I've always thought so :)

Karin 9:42 AM  

Love the new ornament! And the new sampler is gorgeous - can't wait to see your progress.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP