Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Found this over at the Stitch Bitch and couldn't resist....
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, either - whatever comes to hand first.
- Real tree or artificial? Always real. It comes in, looks pretty, then leaves. What the heck do you do with a fake one the rest of the year???
- When do you put up the tree? Well, it'll move into its place of honour any time around the end of November to the first week of December. It won't be decorated until after DS#2's birthday, December 9.
- When do you take the tree down? I prefer to wait until Epiphany, but it usually gets taken down the first weekend after New Year's.
- Do you like egg nog? Yum. Yes. With Rum.
- Favorite gift received as a child? Can't think of anything in particular, but always got great things..... *shrug*
- Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
- Hardest person to buy for? DH. Always claims he doesn't need anything....
- Easiest person to buy for? In-laws (all of them -BIL, SIL, MIL, FIL, nieces, nephews) - they make a list to pick and choose from!
- Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, with newsletter. To far too many people.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Could be the year I got a breadmaker (yeah!), but had to return it because we needed a VCR more. End result: DS' got a new VCR and I got.......nothing.
- Favorite Christmas movie?All of them.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? 'Bout February. It takes that long to recover from the mayhem of November and December shopping. too. many. people.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.....
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything that isn't nailed down?
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Either. My MIL and I trade lights every few years (she has clear and I have coloured).....
- Favorite Christmas song? Only one?
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both. Travel to my parents and in-laws, but some time at home too.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I have children. Of course I can.
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, to make DH happy. (I'd prefer a dragon if I could find one.....)
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Yes. This year - 23rd at the in-laws, 24th at my parents', 25th at home.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? Too many idiots in the stores, the malls, the parking lots and too many store staff who clearly don't give a flying fig about helping you (even when you're on crutches, in pain and looking very helpless!).
- Favorite ornament theme or color? Anything the kids have made or ornies I've stitches or received as gifts.
- Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Anything NOT turkey.
- What do you want for Christmas this year? To walk like a normal person. To burn/destroy/maim my crutches. To skate again. To ride a bike with my kids again (okay, not till next summer, judging by the amount of snow on the ground right now, but still....) To be able to walk the block and a half to DS#2's school. To not need crutches. To walk.
I'm spending much of my available free time working towards my dearest wish for Christmas. I met with the physical terror..., erm, therapist yesterday. Today began the serious torture. Two and a half hours of it. But, I did get upgraded to using a cane! Yipee?!?
Off to visit with my friendly ice pack again.....