Followers

Thank you

 Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First, I’d like to thank everyone for their expressions of sympathy on the loss of my furry friend.  It’s been hard adjusting to the change.  Callie’s illness came on so quickly and took me by complete surprise and left me deeply saddened in its wake.  Callie’s sister and littermate, Mojo doesn’t understand what has happened and still spends a portion of her day searching all her sister’s favourite hiding spots.  When she’s not looking for her sister, she’s glued to my side.  It’s going to take some time for us all to adjust to the change, I guess.

 

But, this is a blog about my needlework and it’s time I got back to it.  There’s just going to be a little less cat hair in my work from now on.

 

I’ve had a slight case of stitcher’s ADD recently and have been jumping around of project to project…  I seem to be unable to really focus on my large pieces right now, so small things have come out to play…..

 

I’ve fallen dreadfully behind on my monthly ornaments, but I have managed some super-duper catching up this past month – I actually completed 3 of them.  I’m still not caught up, but now I’m only 3 months behind instead of 6.  :-)

 

First up:

 

DSC06451

Got Snow? by Lizzie*Kate

From Tiny Tidings XIV

stitched on random 28-count pulled from stash

with recommended GAST & WDW

(pardon the wrinkles)

 

Next:

 

DSC06452

Jingle by Lizzie*Kate

From Tiny Tidings XIV

stitched on random 28-count pulled from stash

with recommended GAST & WDW

And last:

 

DSC06454

Halloween by Mill Hill (Autumn Harvest Collection)

Stitched on 14-count perforated paper with included beads and floss (kit)

 

I loved this little piece – the colours are even prettier in person.  And since I’ve finished this piece – does anyone want the chart, leftover beads and floss?  There are probably enough beads to stitch the piece again.  You’d just need to provide your own perforated paper and perhaps some additional floss (it’s all just DMC though – the numbers are on the chart!)….  If more than one person is interested, I’ll do a random draw for it.

 

And I finally clued into it being TUSAL time…  I’m a bit late this month.

 

DSC06456

The jar took a decent jump upwards, considering the amount of upheaval around here this month….

 

Anyway, back to my stitching corner with my remaining kitty.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname 7:05 PM  

Sweet ornaments. I wouldn't say No to the Hallowe'en letters, it's not a big stitching thing in the UK so I love seeing all the projects you guys find.
Maybe you need another kitty to keep Mojo happy?

Heather 7:59 PM  

Cute! I love that Halloween design. I've never seen it, surprisingly. I'd love to take it off your hands. ;P

I hope that Mojo adjusts soon. It is so sad when a pet misses another pet (not to mention us humans!) I think my cat missed my dog until the day she too passed away. Oh, now I'm all sad again. :( I do hope you are feeling better. Give Mojo a big snuggle!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP