Followers

L*K Travelling Pattern has its bags packed – who’s next?

 Saturday, July 30, 2011

I guess the title is pretty straightforward, right?  Finally, I have gotten my act together and taken a picture of my finish of ‘Life’s A Stitch’.  I’m embarrassed to admit that it’s actually been finished for over a week but I do have a good excuse!!!!!

 

You see, DH and I (and the boys too) have been avoiding a task for years.  Many years.  Yes, it’s the dreaded toy and crapola purge.  We’ve spent the last week digging through boxes, throwing out crap (I mean really – when am I likely to use my notes from my first year of Calculus in University???) and deciding what to keep, what to toss and what to sell.  A week of nose-to-the-grindstone work left me with an emptier house and a fuller garage.  Solution for *that* problem – the mother of all garage sales.  That was today’s adventure and we did really, really well.  Got rid of tons of stuff and my boys have got a nice-sized addition to their LCD TV quest (they want to buy an LCD TV for the basement to use with the PS/3).  There’s still a pile of trash to get rid of, but that’ll go soon enough.

 

So, I haven’t been stitching much for the last week – mostly because I’ve been too pooped and I couldn’t be bothered to turn on the computer either….

 

Anyway, excuses over – here’s my finish:

 

DSC06315

I really, really like how this turned out.  It’s so pretty (or at least it is to my eyes).  I’m leaning towards finishing it as a cube-it.  We’ll see if/when I get around to it.

 

So, I’ve packed the pattern’s little suitcase (okay, so it’s an envelope!), and it’s all ready for flight to a new home.  Here are the rules:

 

1.  Comment on this post (and only this post) saying that you’d like to be part of the Stitcherhood.

 

2.  You agree (if you are chosen) to stitch the design and send it along to the next person in a timely manner.  If this means dropping everything in your rotation to concentrate on this project, so be it.  If you can’t bring yourself to do this, DON’T SIGN UP!

 

3.  You must have an active blog to participate.  If you have a blog, but never post to it ~ you won’t be chosen to be the next stitcher.

 

4.  This is a giveaway-type Travelling Pattern.  That means you must follow it from blogger to blogger to enter each time it is ready to send along. Commenting on this post doesn’t make you a guaranteed part of the Stitcherhood.

 

To date, this pattern has been stitched by:

 

1.  Angela, Hooked on Stitches, Ontario, Canada

2.  Elisa, Old Ragged Threads, York, United Kingdom

3.  Loretta, Loretta’s Stitching Blog, Manitoba, Canada

4.  Silverlotus, Reflections in the Pond, Ontario, Canada

5.  Erica, Erica’s Places, Ontario, Canada

 

If you would like a chance to be the next stitcher please leave a comment on this post only. The next stitcher will be chosen on Monday, August 8.  I would choose someone sooner, but we’re leaving to go camping next week!

 

(and yes, I know it’s TUSAL day – I’ll post *that* tomorrow!)

10 comments:

Heather 7:40 PM  

Great job, Erica!

cucki 7:22 AM  

wow1it is really looking so lovely..well done.
i so much wanted to be a part of the sisterhood..please count me in..me so waiting waiting to receive it in my home in south africa.
my blog address is
http://cuckistitchingcove.blogspot.com/
thank you so much.
love and hugs
cucki xx

natalysneedle 8:27 AM  

Beautiful job Erica, I love the colors you chose and would love to stitch this one up for myself. Please include me in the stitcherhood.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname 9:15 AM  

I'd like to be greedy and be in this Stitcherhood too!
I can't seem to find a "follow" button on your blog otherwise I would be following you too!

Jessica 6:27 PM  

Hi Erica! I love your color choices! I would love a chance to join the stitcherhood. :)

We are doing something similar (purging the junk that is) in our house. Glad to hear your garage sale went well!

Blessings, Jessica
http://blessingsinthecountry.com/

Annette 1:46 AM  

I love your colors! I would love to have a chance to stitch the travelling pattern :)

Joy 10:40 AM  

Love the colors you chose. Please enter me in the drawing. I would love to be part of the stitcherhood.

Hannah - City Stitcher 7:04 AM  

Hello - a fellow blogger introduced me to your blog. I have a newish blog, but I am striving to be an active blogger, so if possible, I would love the chance to be considered for the Stitcherhood.

Plus, I think it needs more international travel! :)

Hannah @ citystitching.blogspot.com

Ziggyeor 9:43 AM  

OH very pretty I love the bold colors!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs 5:09 PM  

I am fortunate to have just joined the Stitcherhood! I received the chart in the mail this week, and have already started stitching it. I hope to have a finish posted this weekend!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP