Followers

February TUSAL

 Thursday, February 03, 2011

A glance at the calendar today caused me to realize that it’s the New Moon, which means that it’s time for my TUSAL update for this month.

 

I was surprised when I gathered all my orts up and dropped them into the jar.  I have a little pouch thing (yes, that’s the technical term) that sits on the arm of the couch for collecting my orts as I’m stitching but it’s not clear, so I have to haul my orts out of the pouch and drop them into my glass jar.  I managed to keep my DH out of them this month, so there were no rescue missions from garbage cans….  (And before anyone wonders, he really is a wonderful man and I wouldn’t trade him for anything!)

 

So here’s my jar:

 

Feb 3 2011

I have stitched a lot this past month – mostly because I’ve had the entire month off work and there’s been loads of extra time around for stitching.  I’ve discovered that when I stop volunteering for everything under the sun and when the number of commitments to other things gets reduced for me (not by my choice, but it is what it is) then there’s suddenly days at a time where I don’t need to leave the house and I can curl up under a warm cat and stitch!

 

Unfortunately the next couple of months won’t afford me so much free time (I find Feb. through Apr. to be the busy season for the Scientist!).  I doubt the jar will take as large of a jump next month!

 

Speaking of warm cats, there’s one here looking for her lap.  I guess I’d better provide it.

11 comments:

Amy 3:55 PM  

Nice jar! Eventhough you'll be busier this next month, I hope you still have more time to stitch.
Best...Amy
www.knitterofhatsspeaks.blogspot.com

Bonnie Brown 8:13 PM  

Nice Ort jar
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog too :)

Anonymous,  8:48 PM  

There are some pretty threads in your jar this month. I can't have my cats in my lap while I am stitching. All they want to do is play with the threads. :)

Anonymous,  9:39 PM  

Such pretty colors in your jar.

Right now I only have one color in there. My jar isn't very interesting.

I'm hoping to change that tonight.

Happy stitching!

Crystal,  12:14 AM  

Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit and commenting on my jar. You jar looks like you have had a busy stitching month, off to explore your blog and see what you have been stitching.

Roberta 8:51 AM  

Wow, you did do lots of stitching this past month - good for you.

Ziggyeor 9:37 PM  

Wow lots of ORT's Good thing you saved them from the hubby! I've got mine trained pretty much from all my crafting. He's started to ask if I'm saving stuff for a project.

Daffycat 5:10 PM  

Lots of pretty ORTs! I like hearing how you must gather them up for the update lol!

Dani - tkdchick 9:01 PM  

I hope you enjoyed all that extra stitching time in January! Steal what stitching time you can in the upcoming months!

Rhona 9:59 PM  

Always nice to have lots of time for stitching. Hope you can still get some done this month.

Measi 12:14 AM  

You've been very busy with your stitching for that many orts! I hope you find some relaxing stitchy time in December too.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP