Followers

Random things….

 Thursday, September 16, 2010

I’ve been thinking about what to blog about for a few days and I really couldn’t cobble together any one thing that was even marginally interesting – so we’re going the route of randomness.  It’s all I’ve got….

 

Random thing #1:  As I’ve been wandering through my house, I’ve been discovering things that we picked up while we were on holiday.  It’s been fun re-discovering some things….

 

I forgot that I bought these things at NN……  (only because it’s not stuff I use for stitching, per se):

 

DSC02971 DSC02972

The license plate cover lives on my van now (DH grabbed it and put it on my van before I could say ‘please’…).  I drink my morning coffee out of my NN mug every morning.  They were the silly souvenirs that I bought, but I still like them.

 

I’ve already had someone stop and point out my license plate cover to their companion….  :-)

 

Random Thing #2:  I bought this too (but not at NN – it was either in Banff or Jasper):

 

DSC05353

It’s two 28g (or 217 yards) balls of Pima Cotton.  It’s the prettiest colour and I’d classify it as laceweight, although I’m not very knowledgeable about these things.  What am I going to do with it?  Darned if I know.  Suggestions welcome.  Remember, I’m a hapless knitter at best.

 

Random Thing #3:  In Seattle we began what we didn’t realize was going to become a hunt across the US.  We finally found what I was after somewhere in Idaho, I think….

 

DSC05352

Yes, I jumped on the Kindle train.  I was very hesitant to order one on-line because I hadn’t actually seen or touched one.  I wasn’t really sure if I’d like it (‘cos I do love real books and real paper…..).  So, starting in Seattle and working our way east, we stopped at every flippin’ Target trying to find one.  It because a scavenger hunt like we’ve never known.  Jill, our GPS, was very good at finding them all for us too.  I bought the 2nd gen Kindle because while I wanted the newest one, it wasn’t going to be available until after we returned home to Canada.  And I really didn’t want to have to pay duty if I could avoid it.

 

As for what I think of it – all I can say is Oh.  My.  Gawd.  How did I live without it?  I so enjoy reading on my Kindle.  I am a voracious reader (and a very fast reader too – a 300-page book takes me an evening to consume if the story is good) and I always struggle with bringing enough reading material when we’re spending a week at the cottage or camping with the family or whatnot.  The Kindle solves that problem for me.  Love it, love it, love it.

 

Now I need one of these to stitch for it…..

 

Random Thing #4:  There’s a super-nice giveaway going on over at needleworker not in paradise.  Do stop by, say ‘happy blogiversary’ and maybe you’ll win a prize!

 

Work is starting to ramp up for me – but just a little bit.  So far I’ve got no work until January, but it’s early days yet.  I expect things to get busy in another couple of weeks.  In the meantime I can get myself organized and check out my equipment and whatnot.  I got some great new resources to add to one of my programs, so I need to unpack everything I got and figure out how I’m going to add all these new things in.  It’ll be great!

 

But in the meantime, I’ve got patterns to proofread, models to stitch and swimming lessons and open houses to attend tonight.  Thankfully dinner will be provided tonight!

3 comments:

Heather 7:16 PM  

Wow, the yarn is beautiful! Are you on Ravelry? If so, try this link for a search of laceweight patterns using between 200-430 yards of yarn: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#view=captioned_thumbs&weight=lace&yardage=200|430&sort=best (And friend me too!) If you aren't, let me know if you are thinking scarf, mini shawl, or whatever, and I will send you some suggestions.

Love the Kindle. We have an iPad now, and use it all the time. And I love those cases. Want! :)

Anonymous,  8:08 PM  

Hi Erica, will you be at the Creative Festival next month, and if so, what courses are you taking?

Christine

Karen 8:27 PM  

Cute license plate cover! I've thought about buying a Kindle, but can't justify the expense. Maybe I'll get it for myself as a Christmas present. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP