Followers

 Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ingredients

Start off with a cold, snowy Sunday with DH and both boys off snowboarding & skiing for the day.

Rummage around in the stash cupboard and unearth this:


A trip around web-world leads to this handy-dandy tutorial. Which leads me to wonder, could I do it?

Next, drag the idiot, ancient, only-sews-when-its-in-the-mood sewing machine downstairs and set it up (back ache provided at no extra charge!):


After some persuasion (not all of it gentle), some begging, a few tears (I think it was the machine, not me!), some trial and error, some swearing (again, I'm sure it was the machine), we came to an agreement to make this:


My very first q-snap huggie. I'm not too keen on calling it a huggie - it keeps making me think of a diaper.... I'll have to find another name....

On the other hand, I've always wanted something like this to keep the dust and dirt off the edges of my pieces. It's coming in handy to tuck away extra fabric so it's not hanging out and getting sat upon by my furry kitties.

And in case you're wondering, the stitching is SamSarah's 'Treasure Me' which I'm stitching for my sister-in-law's sister's baby (are you lost yet?), who I mentioned in my last post. It's coming along quite quickly. Of course, it helps that I've suspended all other stitching in the meantime in order to get it done....

Time to drag the beast back upstairs....

4 comments:

Silverlotus 7:42 PM  

I think that looks great, Erica. And I love the fabric.

Lindsay 6:50 PM  

My machine and yours must be related in some way as mine did the same thing when I made a Q snap cover!

Anonymous,  3:44 PM  

Congrats on your 'huggie' finish - it worked out beautifully :)

Dani - tkdchick 2:31 PM  

good job on the huggie despite the hard time it gave you

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP