Followers

 Monday, April 16, 2007

Well, I really am here............


I'm not sure where the last week and a half has gotten to. I can't believe I haven't posted in all that time. There's nothing awful or bad going on - I guess things just got busy over Easter and I'm still trying to get back on track.

I've been plugging away on those two models I've got on the go. I have also managed to squeeze in one little Christmas ornament. A few weeks ago I posted about a little spot sampler that I had picked up from an old class and I've made a great amount of progress on it. Mostly thanks to the time my little guy was in hospital. It was the perfect size for hospital stitching...

Anyway, here's some pictures and details!!!!


This is M Designs Peace Ornament from the 2004 JCS Ornament Issue. I did a fair bit of substituting on this one as I couldn't easily get the Silk 'n Colors called for in the design. I replaced it with some Gloriana Silk in Cranberry. The linen is a 32-count Jobelan called Star Sapphire (from Silkweaver, I believe) - a greeny linen IRL. I'm really quite pleased with how this piece turned out overall. I elected not to put the beads on it partly because I haven't the right ones to hand. I do have a star charm to put at the top but I see in true-to-me-form, I've forgotten to do it just yet.... Soon, soon....




Here's my Small Spot Sampler from Timeless Designs. It's coming along fine - just some over-one bits left, some strawberries across the bottom and another row of eyelets below the fruit basket and it'll be done. This is my present travelling project, so it's not getting huge amounts of attention right now. It'll get done. Eventually. Really. Sometime before the next millennium at any rate..... ;-)

In a completely unrelated event, I think the tooth fairy needs to move into my house. In the last week between the two of them my boys have lost a total of 5 teeth. For a while I was worried that the tooth fairy would forget where our house is since it had been so long since anyone had lost a tooth. Now I think she needs to move in to save herself some time. My littlest one has lost his two front teeth and has a lisp to go with it.... I guess my baby is growing up after all.....

Well, I suppose I had better spend some energy on those models again - they're calling out for some time and attention.

6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer 9:02 AM  

Your Peace tree and that spot sampler is just gorgeous :)
I understand about the tooth fairy moving in....about 6 mos. ago, one of my twins lost 4 teeth in 5 days...the two top front and the two bottom front...talk about a lisp! LOL!

Chelle 9:59 AM  

Hi! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I've added you to my Bloglines list. Love your Peace Tree. The Cranberry Gloriana is a perfect choice.

Katrina 9:28 PM  

hello there Erica, thanks for stopping by my blog. Look forward to seeing more of your stitching,
Katrina in New Zealand

Dani - tkdchick 7:24 PM  

Both projects look wonderful!

Karin 8:53 AM  

Your peace tree is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish.

Meari 5:40 PM  

Wow, 5 teeth in one week! What's a tooth go for these days? :) Your tree looks great.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP