Followers

 Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Scream Heard 'Round the World

Yes, that was me last night in the wee hours. Wondering why I was screaming? This is why:




Notice anything funny? Yes, there's one little flower that isn't complete. Why isn't it complete you ask????? Because the little kit that came with all the floss didn't have enough freakin' floss. Naturally it wasn't DMC, but WDW's begonia. I ran out with 5 half-stitches to finish, plus another 3 stitches the row below. I'm not buying a full skein for that few stitches. I could complain to the shop where I bought the kit, but then again I did find the kit in the 50% off bin, so it seems a bit unfair to grumble too loudly. It was just annoying to be *that* close...... *sigh*


So, I ripped out the last flower and substituted plain old DMC. It doesn't look quite as nice, but it's not too bad, is it?



I guess I have to chalk it up to just one of those things. I still like this little piece from Lizzie*Kate. It's very pretty. I'm going to have to give it away soon though - that last flower is just staring me in the face. It's supposed to be the same as the second one from the left. IRL they're not even close now. But I don't want to rip out the other flower. Heck, flowers aren't all the same colour in nature, right? That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. So there. Phooey! It'll have to leave my house or it'll slowly drive me stark staring mad. Wouldn't that be fun? Hmmmmm - maybe not.


In other news - I've started preparing for the Dragon Dreams exchange over on the Rotation Stitcher's BB. It's my first exchange ever and I'm very grateful to the kind folks over at the Rotation BB for being so welcoming and permitting me to join them. I would share more details on just what I'm planning, but then you never know who might be reading! :-) Suffice it to say that I'm very hopeful my recipient won't be disappointed. I don't know precisely who I'm exchanging with just yet but I need to start stitching now so that it'll be finished in good time. Working on my models is my first priority but I usually eke out a bit of time here and there to work on small things for myself.


And here's this week's SBQ suggested by Heather http://theneedlesbewitchingeye.blogspot.com/):

How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular?Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?

The permalink to this post is: http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/04/sbq-blog-criteria/


This is a tough one to answer, or at least it is for me.... I have been watching and reading blogs for a number of years now but only seriously started my own a few months ago. I found the ones that I like to read mostly by tripping over them as I web-surfed. If I enjoyed what the author had to say, I subscribed to the feed and kept on reading. About the only thing I dislike in blogs are ones that play music that I can't turn off! I can't pinpoint anything in particular that I look for in a blog - I just want to enjoy reading it. I love seeing other people's WIPs and completed projects. They keep me inspired and hopeful that someday I'll finish something too! :-) I have found recently more blogs that show different and unique finishing techniques and have actually tried a couple. That has helped me to do more than just frame....


Is my blog a good example of what I like to read? I'm not really sure. I started blogging seriously mostly for myself. I wanted some kind of record of what I am doing stitching-wise and blogging seemed to fit most easily in my life. It seems to be motivating me as well to take more pictures of things as they are finished. I have many, many pieces that I gave away and I have no picture of them. Since I don't sign or date any of my work, I really do need to be better at keeping a pictoral record of my things.





Back to model-land for a while.

4 comments:

Unknown 5:28 PM  

I'm fascinated about your story about running out of thread, because the same thing just happened to me.

http://threadsofdesire.blogspot.com/2007/03/this-obsession-must-end.html

In my case Hillside Samplings had a website and email and responded right away. I checked all three of the kits I bought from them and the one I was working on was the only one missing thread (at least from their count). Usually kits have lots and lots of thread left over. Is this cheapness a disheartening trend?

Anonymous,  3:55 AM  

hello,

Check my blog and see if you like it ;) it is mostly about WIP !!! Have fun visiting :)

Kate 9:00 PM  

I've had the same problem with cheap kits and being short of floss. I picked up two very cheap kits a few years back, one was short of a shade of green for some leaves. And the closest DMC match really didn't match at all. But I finished it, and passed it off to my Nana. Like you, I just couldn't look at it! Then I started the next kit, and 1/3 of the way through realised the aida they'd provided wasn't nearly big enough to fit the design. That one when straight to the bin. -.-

Meari 5:43 PM  

Sorry that you ran out of thread. I think it looks just fine with the DMC. You're right, flowers aren't all the same. I just did this piece a while back and made it into a needle book. I changed all the colors!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP