Followers

 Thursday, December 07, 2006


Over-ornamentification!

Well, I've been busy this last week! A bunch of friends and I get together every December for a cookie exchange. I got over-zealous this year and made everyone Sapphire Star as well as the cookies....(well, okay, the cookies aren't baked as of yet, but the dough is made - just need to slice and bake!)... I made the cording and the tassels and did the glue thing to put them together. They look alright, but it took waaaaayyyy too long. Think I'll go back to my trusty (if somewhat unreliable) sewing machine (please Santa - new machine please!!!???!!!)....

This design is from the 2004 JCS Ornament Issue. I substituted the Waterlilies called for in the pattern with Wildflowers (LNS didn't have any Waterlilies and I couldn't wait) and the bugle beads I used are from a little bead shop near my parent's house - Gecko Beads.

I think they turned out pretty good and hopefully my friends will like them. Just hope they don't read this before Sunday..... ;-)

Now I've got at least one more ornament to stitch and a few more to ornamentify before Christmas... Maybe I should finish putting up the tree at some point too..... Hmmmm.........

2 comments:

Sharon 5:08 PM  

I think your friends will love them-gorgeous ornaments.I don't think I could do it.

Susimac 1:56 PM  

What gorgeous ornaments your friends will love them

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP