Followers

 Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I've finally found a moment to pop over here and wish any and all a Happy Holidays! Whatever you celebrate, however you celebrate it, I hope it is happy and filled with those you love and those who love you.

Our Christmas has been pretty quiet, but not in a lonely way. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and had such a nice quiet evening together. It was the first time I think I've relaxed in weeks. Christmas Day dawned with both my boys jumping on the bed - but they did wait until 9AM, so I can't complain too much. One large flurry of wrapping paper later and we all spent the day playing games together (video & board), reading, building (K'Nex's Icoaster, most notably) and just being together. I roasted a turkey breast for the 4 of us last night (no point in a whole turkey with just 4 of us to actually eat it!). Yummy!

I have had a case of finish-itis in the last few weeks, but haven't taken the time to take pictures before today. It's strange - I usually have startitis quite badly but in the last month I've had a really strong urge to finish things. So, here's what I've finished in the last month:

Lizzie*Kate Double Flips
Stitched on recommended fabric with recommended fibres

I loved, loved, loved this project. It was fast (when I actually put needle to fabric) and is full of words that need to be seen and heard regularly. With a bit of luck this will get framed someday. Sorry for the wrinkles - I neglected to iron before photographing!

Next in the finishing hit-list:


Sun and Moon Scissor Fob
by Teresa Wentzler of TW Designworks and Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams
CreativFestival Class - 2006 (?)

These two pieces have been languishing in my stash for far too long. I had finished the moon shortly after I attended the class, but for some reason I was dragging my feet on the sun. I finally sat down and finished it off in no time at all. It will be made into a scissor fob, just as soon as I convince my sewing maching that it won't hurt a bit for it to sew a straight line.

Not too bad, right? Well, believe it or not, that isn't everything! (You can pick yourself up off the floor now.....)

Sleeping Dragon Ornament
by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams
CreativFestival Class - 2007 (?)

Here's another piece that falls into the 'why didn't I finish this sooner?' category. I fell in love with the little dude at the class, but for unknown reasons I never finished him off. I still need to sew together his little bed so he can hang on the tree, but the stitching is finished. He's such a little cutie.

Hold onto your hats folks - there's one more:

Snowflake Ornament
by Anna Marie Winter
Creativ Festival Class - 2008

This was one of the most interesting classes I've yet taken. We actually fused a piece of Organza to the mono canvas first and then stitched this little snowflake on top of the whole thing. It's very pretty and sparkly with some pretty beads too. I will make this into a Christmas ornament eventually, but it's doubtful it'll happen this Christmas!

I've developed a strange urge to work on old CreativFestival class pieces all of a sudden. I've gother another one in progress right now, but I'm not showing it off until it's done.

Hope everyone has had a great holiday season!

Off to stitch!

1 comments:

Dani - tkdchick 1:05 PM  

Erica sounds like you and your family had the perfect Christmas! You've had a great case of finish-it-itis! Everything is beautiful I see you wanted to get those darned class pieces out of the way!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP