Followers

 Thursday, March 27, 2008

And now back to our regularly scheduled stitching.....

Model is done and delivered. I am free of the evil metallic DMC.
Until it's time to start the next model, but we won't talk about that
right now, will we?

In other news, the latest issue of A Needle Pulling Thread is now
out - you'll find it in Canada at Chapters and Michaels. In the US,
look for it at Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble and JoAnn's fabrics.
There's a ton of things in it for the stitchers out there. Never mind
the fact that it's great eye candy. :-)

I have no stitching to show as I've been solely focused on the model
(whose idea was it to stitch black on black anyway?), so you'll have
to content yourself with a picture of one of my cats. Mojo is known
as the invisible cat - few people have ever seen her outside of DH
and the two DS'. Most people don't believe that she actually exists
- she tends to hide if there is anyone about but 'her' people.



Please forgive the not-so-great photograph - she never photographs
well and my camera and I have been arguing over the use of the
flash lately... (I'm losing the battle, in case you're wondering.)

Since I'm here, I know I haven't done the tag I got recently(well,
okay, it was a month ago!), so I'd better catch up:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Now I'm not going to tag anyone since I'm so far behind and this
has been just about everywhere. But I'll try to come up with 7
things....

1. I hate onions, but have a passionate love affair with
French Onion Soup.
2. I hate the smell of cooking broccoli, cauliflower or
brussel sprouts, but can and do prepare them for others
and have been told that they're great.
3. I make bread from scratch *without* a bread machine.
It's really not that hard, you know.
4. I have the only children on the planet who stand in the
grocery store with me and beg me to buy white bread - I
only buy whole wheat as a rule..... Clearly I am Mean Mommy.
5. I hate Tim Horton's coffee (I know it's dreadfully un-Canadian
of me, but I can't help it.). Oddly enough, people continue to give
me gift cards to the place (I'm not keen on the donuts either.).
6. I love to watch hockey live and in person. Am lukewarm towards
televised hockey. DH dislikes either.
7. I have a hopeless addiction to wire-edged ribbon. I have a really,
really big Rubbermaid container that is practically full to bursting.
I don't need any more, but yet it keeps appearing in my shopping
bags. Then it comes home, mates with my other ribbons and makes
more. I really do need help. Maybe. I can make really pretty florist
bows with it though!
8. (I know, overkill, but I have to add this....) I like French Toast
with ketchup on it. Most folks like Maple Syrup, but I grew up
with ketchup on it. I blame my mother. She's English.

*whew* Done. Hopefully that hasn't scared everyone away with my
wierdness.

And just to really bore you to tears, here's the latest SBQ:

When you stitch a pattern that you have downloaded do you
print out
the pattern or do you stitch directly from your
computer screen?


The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/03/sbq-downloads/



I always print the pattern out. I can't stitch from electronic
copies because then all the highlighter I use to keep track of
where I've been really messes up the computer screen. :-)

Off to spend a night on Nantucket Rose - she's hardly seen
the light of day in months!

4 comments:

Karin 9:03 AM  

Wow - a model on black with DMC metallic - the designer's not making it easy on us poor stitchers, are they? I'm sure it will be gorgeous when done.

Dani - tkdchick 10:19 AM  

I can't wait to get started on and finish my last model! I want to work on my owwwwn stuff!

Vicki 4:59 AM  

I had to laugh at your evil metallic remark - I hate it too!!

Anonymous,  11:06 AM  

Oh! We have an invisible cat, too! She runs and hides under the bed if anyone but the 3 of us are in the house LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP