Followers

A Finishing Weekend

 Monday, December 06, 2010

I’m not quite sure how we managed it, but we wrangled an entire weekend at home this past weekend.  Usually this time of year it just doesn’t happen and DH and I were both a bit shocked to look at the calendar and see it devoid of things to do.

 

Not wanting to waste a golden opportunity, I spent the weekend doing a pile of things – working on our Christmas cards (not quite finished, but they’re well underway!), planning some of the holiday baking that I’ll be doing and finishing a whole pile of ornaments….

 

I figured out how to get my laptop to play DVDs on it (it’s from the dark ages of time and the DVD player works with a little nudging) and I loaded up Season 1 of the Tudors (that truly appears to only be loosely based on historical fact but is entertaining anyway!) and spent a good number of hours at my finishing table.  I managed to take 10 ornaments and one scissor fob from bits of fabric into these things:

 

DSC05507 DSC05509 DSC05508 DSC05511 DSC05512 DSC05513 DSC05514 DSC05515 DSC05516

DSC05518

 

and one scissor fob (front and back):

 

DSC05519 DSC05520

 

Many of the ornaments will be off to other homes shortly, and some are going to live with me for a change.  I had a highly enjoyable weekend playing with my sewing machine, cording drill, fabrics and fibres.  And it’s nice to see so many items no longer languishing in a corner – a good number of them have been sewn and stuffed for ages – I just needed to get the cording made and attached.  Sometimes I can procrastinate to the point that it’s just dumb….Embarrassed

 

Now I need to get ready for DS#2’s birthday on Thursday and then I’ll be able to put up all the Christmas decorations.  It’s finally snowing here today (our first bit of snow that has actually stuck to the ground) and it’s made me come over all Christmas-y!

5 comments:

Heather 12:59 PM  

Great job, Erica! And isn't the snow lovely today. I'm glad I get to stay home and watch it through a window, though. :)

Anonymous,  1:07 PM  

Lots of pretties! Must give you a sense of accomplishment.

Julie 2:45 PM  

Wow! Great job! They all look so nice!

Anonymous,  4:27 PM  

Wow, you did an awesome job of those ornies - I especially love the beaded fringe on the snowflake one, what a great idea!

Just want to say that I've enjoyed reading your blog this year, and look forward to doing so in 2011 (even if I don't comment often) - all the best for the upcoming year to you and your family :)

Kathy A. 11:18 AM  

Wow, that is an impressive bunch of ornaments. Beautiful stitching and finishing!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP