Followers

 Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pictures, pictures and pictures....

Today we've made it to Merritt, BC. We spent most of the day driving along the Okanagan Valley and only really stopped for food and the odd bit of sightseeing....

Since my Internet connection didn't permit me to upload many pictures yesterday, I'm going to try and upload a bunch of pictures today of our adventures over the last few days....


Both DS' inside the Little Church. DS#1 is around 5'6" now and his head nearly brushes the ceiling. DS#2 is a perfect fit.

My 'boys' digging for dinosaur bones at the Royal Tyrell Museum....

Go-Karting in Drumheller.....


Playing in the bumper boats and shooting each other with waterguns at the West Edmonton Mall....
Their robot (named 'Steve') that they programmed while visiting the Telus World of Science....

Our first views of the Canadian Rockies....

Athabasca Falls

Our transportation to the Columbia Icefields (the wheels are about 5' high and 3' wide - DS#2 fits neatly inside the wheel rim...)


The DS' standing on the Columbia Icefield. It was cold!


The pair of rams we saw butting heads at the side of the road....


The bear we found browsing at the side of the road.....

Peyto Lake (which I really want to call Peyote Lake - I'm a stitcher wherever I go! )....

Lake Louise (the glacier behind Lake Louise was shrouded in clouds - it started raining about 10 minutes after this picture was taken!)....

And from today - we stopped in Craigellachie where the Last Spike was driven into the ground over 200 years ago...

If you didn't feel like following the link, it was in Craigellachie that the railway across Canada was all joined up. It was built East to West and then West to East, meeting in Craigellachie. DS#2 got to pretend to drive in the last spike. The real last spike is just behind him, off to the right a bit. It's spray painted gold (truth be told, it's not very remarkable, but we at least got a bathroom break out of it!).....

Now, more NN stash!

Here's some of the charts I picked up - a few Laura J. Perin and some Needle Delights are on the left. The right has a piece from DebBee's, My Big Toe and Needlemania. They're all very pretty - the question is, when will I stitch them????

And more charts.... VS' Fat Bat Cat, Bent Creek's Stitching Row (which is *so* not my usual style, but for some reason it really appealed to me...), Keslyn's 'My Day Complete' (which I really want to stitch soon), a LK snippet and the fibre kit for Wintertide (it was on sale and soooo cheap I had to get it)....

There's more stash, but I'll save that for another post.... Is it a bad sign when the helpful folks in the LNS ask if you need help carrying everything to your car????

1 comments:

Sara 9:45 AM  

Looks like you're having an awesome time, hope the rest of your trip goes just as well!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP