Followers

 Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ahhh, that feels better...

Well, finally got back to my new template and mokeyed around with it until I'm happy. I think it'll do - lighter anyway since Spring seems to have arrived finally!

No pictures today - just working on the models.

Tomorrow the CreativFestival opens and I'm spending the day with a friend at the show. I'm looking forward to it, but know there will only be enough happening to keep me interested for one day - the spring show isn't much to remark upon, but I'll see what I see.....

I will answer a couple of SBQ's, since I'm here 'n all.....

From April 3:

Suggested by Terri (http://stitchwraith.blogspot.com/)
What items do you consider essential to your needlework that you keep in your stitching bag?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/04/sbq-the-essentials/


Let's see, for me it would be needles, two pairs of scissors (one for metallics, one for other fibres), a dololly, 6 inch ruler, laying tools, pen, highlighter & clear post-it flags. Magnets too if they're currently unattached to a project....

From April 10:

Suggested by Jennifer (http://sweetpeastitches.blogspot.com)
What is the most complicated piece you've ever completed?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/04/sbq-complications/


Well, this is a complicated question! I guess it would be any piece that I've done that involves more than just basic cross-stitch. I've done lots of different stitches on lots of different pieces. I can't really say any one screams out 'most complicated'. They all have their challenges, don't they (even if it's just finishing them)?

And finally, from April 23 (coincidentally, my 14th wedding anniversary too...):

Suggested by Christine (http://coffeecupthoughts.wordpress.com)
How do you handle blended threads? Do you kit the blends up before you
start a piece, or do you grab what colors you need and blend when the
need arises? If you kit up the blends beforehand, how do you store
them? Do you have another option for blends to share?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/04/sbq-blends/

Hmmmmm - well, let's see... I guess it would depend on the complexity of the piece overall. For a large TW, I imagine I'm likely to pull the blends together before starting as best I can and I'd likely wind them on bobbins and label them for ease of use. For something small though, I'm more likely to just blend as I need to - although I may pull out a magnetic needle card and leave a needle threaded with a blend (and labeled appropriately) just to make things a little easier. I guess it would just depend!

Well, off to wrap a birthday present for a birthday party DS#2 is attending tomorrow evening, then maybe I'll catch ER before bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP