Followers

 Thursday, July 05, 2007

SBQ Catch Up

Well, since blogger is presently accepting posts from me, I think it's time I caught up on some SBQs. I've fallen dreadfully behind!




June 14, 2007: suggested Jennifer(http://astitchinwrinkledtime.blogspot.com/)


How do you store your WIPs and other projects that you have kitted up?

The permalink to this post is:http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/06/sbq-storing-stuff/

I don't generally kit things up in advance, but current WIPs are usually stored in Ziplocs if they're of a compatible size for that. I also use some zippered bags that came with some curtains I purchased years ago - they're clean, sturdy and (my favorite part) free! I've also got a larger zippered bag that came with a set of sheet I purchased long ago. If a project is too large to fit in a Ziploc or one of my other bags then it generally lives in a pillowcase. Easy to transport and keeps things clean.




June 22, 2007: suggested by Kathryn(http://threadsofdesire.blogspot.com/)


When you start a new work do you look for something small, do you lookfor another huge project or do you consider your UFOs?

The permalink to this post is: http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/06/sbq-the-choices-we-make/

This really depends for me. If I've just finished a large project, then I may very well kit up and start another large piece, particularly if there is a large piece that has been calling for me for quite a while. I often consider my UFOs or unfinished projects from classes I've taken as they are usually pieces I want to work on but haven't had time to get done. For the most part I think it depends on my mood at that moment.




July 3, 2007:


Do you consider yourself a "floss miser?"

The permalink to this post is: http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/07/one-thousand/

Absolutely. Or at least I do when it comes to pieces I'm stitching for myself anyway. When I'm working for a designer on a model, I tend to use floss more liberally as I'm far more concerned that the finished product be as perfect as I can manage. As a result, I'm more likely to use shorter lengths of floss and have more wasteage than I would on a piece that is just for me. DMC is so cheap that I don't worry overly much about 'wasting' it, but often find myself going 'for pity's sake, it's only 50 cents to buy another skein!' when I'm stitching down to the last iota of the thread. I'm definitely more frugal with my silks and other specialty fibres - if I've spent close to $5 or more on a card or skein, I'm going to get the most for my money!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP