Followers

Fun and Games….

 Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanks for all the well wishes about my recent funk that I’ve been in.  I’m still in it, but have determined that I’m not going to inflict my bad mood upon others.  I’m sure I’ll pull out of this eventually.

 

In the meantime, I found this little Q&A over at Caring Stitcher who got it via Stitchitandie and apparently I’ve caught it too…..

 

1. What are you stitching at the moment?

 

Primarily, I’m working on a model as it’s long overdue to be finished.  I’m closing in on the end of it now, although I’ve got to decide whether or not I should frog a piece of it and re-do it differently, so I might be further from a finish than I thought….

 

2. How many finishes have you had this year? Small? Medium? Large? Extra Large?

Sad as it is, I actually had to go look – I don’t really keep track of things like that but I really should.  I discovered (much to my surprise) that I finished 11 small things (mostly ornaments) and 4 medium things.  I had no big finishes this year, but that’s okay – models have stolen some of the time I would normally spend on the large pieces.

 

3. Do you think you will finish any more in the next month and a half before the end of the year?

 

The only things I see myself finishing between now and the end of the year is the model I’m currently working on and another ornament.  But you never know!

 

4. If you could buy 1 thing for yourself what would it be? (Doesn't have to be stitching)

 

This time of year always leaves me lusting after a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer.  Once I start planning out what I’ll bake for the holidays, I seem to start lusting for a new mixer.  Mine works okay, but doesn’t have the ability to make a meringue well.  Never mind all the other things I’d use a mixer for.


5. What is the best thing you have ever stitched?

 

The best thing?  That’s a hard question – because there are so many fabulous things that I’ve stitched.  Celtic Christmas rates high on my list – in part because it was a beautiful thing to stitch and because my MIL loves it so much that she leaves it up year round.  A big part of her house tour is showing it off.  Dragon’s Tea Party is also pretty high on my list as my SIL has it hanging in her daughter’s room and chose all the decor for my niece’s room based on the piece…..  And those are just a few that I can think of right now…  There are so many!


6. Do you like making lists?

 

Sometimes.  I can’t imagine going to the grocery store without one – there are too many things I’d forget!  And I use lists for my job as well or I’d forget something at home that I needed for my program (heaven forbid should I forget the octopus!)…. 


7. Do you stitch in rotation (how does it work?) or OAAT?

 

I think I lean more towards being an OAAT stitcher, although if I’m working on one project and a second thing pops up that grabs my attention, I’m not loyal to the first project.  I do always go back to the first project, but it might get interrupted for a while until I get the second thing done.


8. What is the next thing you plan to stitch?

 

I have another model that is in progress, so I’ll go back to that.  CdC is begging for some time and attention, so I will get back to work on that soon too.  I miss that piece.


9. What is your fave ONS? And why?

 

I’d have to say Stitching Bits and Bobs.  It seems like whenever I want something, it’s on sale over there and I’ve never had issues with customs when getting things from SBB.  They always seem to be pretty darn fast as well.  I’m very happy with the service I get there.


10. Do you have a stitching chair?

 

Welllllll……I kinda have a whole couch.  My floor stand and light are at one end of it and I sit at that end when I’m working.  I find that when I’m working on a model I tend to spread out all over the couch though as I usually have pieces of pattern all over the place, plus a notebook plus pens and highlighters for noting changes or errors.  Plus there’s the obligatory cat or two as well.


11. Do your children/pets get into your stitching things?

 

One of my cats loves to swat at my floss while I’m stitching while the other one will ignore it completely.  My kids used to get into my stitching things when they were smaller, but not very often.  But now that they’re 14 and almost 11, I don’t have to worry about them getting into my stuff.


12. Do you participate in any stitching forums?

I read The Wagon and the TWBB mostly.  I do pop into Needle and Thread, Rotation Stitchers BB and the Worldwide RR boards once in a while. 

 

So, who else is going to answer the questions?  Hmmm?  C’mon and play!

1 comments:

Karin 9:25 PM  

Great Halloween finish - it's very cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP